The Mile High Collegiate Baseball League (MHCBL) is looking for outgoing individuals who are searching for sports operations, marketing and promotions, social media, broadcasting, and announcing opportunities. The MHCBL is entering its 13th season in 2023. We have multiple teams located from Ft. Collins to Pueblo and are in season from May 31, 2023 through the end of July. We are an organization committed to the development of student-athletes in the summer season; cultivating an environment where players are given the opportunity to progress in their sport and return to their collegiate programs for continued success. MHCBL annual events include: Home-Run Derby, All-Star Game, Post Season Tournament and affiliated nationwide tournaments.
POSITION: Game Day Operations & Team Administration
REPORTS TO: MHCBL Representative and Team GM
TERM: Summer 2023: May 1, 2023 - August 7, 2023
LOCATION: Denver, CO and surrounding cities from Ft. Collins to Pueblo
OVERVIEW: The MHCBL Internship Program is intended to be a well-rounded, fully hands-on professional experience designed to give the intern experience in many key facets of operating an athletic organization. Internship positions are designed to provide exceptional students, who are interested in a career in sports, with a unique opportunity to learn about the diverse business operations of a summer collegiate baseball league. The primary focus of this internship will be to assist staff with all areas of preparation for game day operations, special events and operations of a summer league. This internship will feature numerous hands-on projects, background/planning information for each event as well as game day and event oversight and management. ** You will be assigned to a specific team upon final internship offer **
There is not a specific application deadline for this internship. Positions are filled as soon as candidates are interviewed, selected and accepted – sometimes several months in advance.
COMPENSATION: Stipend and credit hours if applicable. This is a paid internship but may include credit hours as determined by the internship program guidelines of the appropriate college.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: The MHCBL internships provide an opportunity to learn and assist with the day-to-day responsibilities of the MHCBL’s Operations department and consists of three main focuses: Game Day Operations, Team Administration, and Event Administration. MHCBL intern(s) will execute the following duties, as well as many unlisted or not definitively defined. Experience in sport operations field, or pursuing a degree in sport admin and operations preferred. Familiarity with communicating with coaches, athletes, and all constituents of the MHCBL will be a primary requirement.
Game Day Operations:
- Game Day Operations at home fields, including but not limited to: field and dugout setup, concessions and merchandise set-up and sales, assist in setting up press box as needed, managing scoreboard and/or GameChanger, working closely with other MHCBL interns to ensure a successful game day, social media updates, other duties assigned by team staff
- Assist in game day operations at all away games
- Assist the team GM and team staff as needed, manage roster and report changes to league staff, manage team schedule and report changes to league staff, serve as a team liaison to other teams in the league
- Event Operations: assist at All-Star Game, Post-Season Tournament, Scout Day, and/or other affiliated events planning and execution
- Must have your own laptop or tablet device and phone to use throughout the season and bring to games, events and league meetings
- A reliable mode of transportation and your own housing
- Available and able to work long days, with the potential to work over 40 hours in a week, and weekends
- Flexibility in schedule to work with game changes
- Be in possession of league equipment and take to games; as well as keeping in a safe place inside your home or vehicle between games
- Ability to download and use league related apps: slack, google drive, airtable, hubspot, and others as assigned (you will be trained on these)
- Access to a personal email
- Ability to score a full game on the leagues GameChanger account (you will be trained on this)
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail & time management skills
- Strong understanding of the importance of customer service and the ability to interact with players, coaches, fans, and customers in a professional and fun manner
QUALIFICATIONS: All applicants must meet the following criteria for consideration for an internship position:
- A passion for sports and basic understanding of the game of baseball
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills, and creative ability
- Proficiency with Google and Microsoft Applications
- Students majoring in sports management, marketing, and/or media, are preferred but not required
- Strong initiative, positive attitude, well-organized, and detail oriented
- Strong professional presence, accountability, and ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Willingness to learn and contribute to team goals
- Ability to meet deadlines with a strong desire to learn and gain experience by working on a variety projects
- Ability to work with deadlines in a fast-paced environment
Additional hours will be required during special events; please be prepared for long days outside; – usually on weekends or evenings.
Please note these are paid internship positions and housing and transportation assistance will not be provided.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.