The Dock Spiders, located in Fond du Lac, Wisconsin (between Green Bay and Milwaukee), are a member of the Northwoods League, one of the most prestigious summer collegiate baseball leagues in the country. The Dock Spiders won Northwoods League Championships in 2018 and 2020, and the city of Fond du Lac and surrounding areas are proud to call the Dock Spiders their own. The Dock Spiders share ownership with the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers, a highly respected team in Minor League Baseball and the High-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers.
It is our goal to provide you with hands-on experience and knowledge useful in competing for jobs in the baseball industry. We will also work with you to fulfill requirements for college credit if necessary. Qualifications are based on ability, desire, work ethic and a commitment to make the most of the experience. Our season begins in Mid-May and continues through Mid-August. Fond du Lac Dock Spiders interns receive a salary of $1,500 for the summer and are expected to maintain a very challenging schedule throughout the internship. Interns are expected to be at all home games along with working normal business hours. Each intern is considered to be a member of our leadership team in their area of focus and will gain valuable management skills. Our 2023 internship positions are listed below.
Video Production Intern
- Produce and direct the video webcast for each Dock Spiders home game
- Manage camera operators and camera director; including training as needed
- Create postgame highlight package for every home game to be posted on Dock Spiders website, YouTube, and social media channels
- Must be knowledgeable with editing software such as Adobe Suite and other video software (such as YouTube and Wirecast)
- Collaborate with other departments to create creative/unique video content to be used on the team’s website and social media accounts
- Create commercials to be used for marketing and in-game use
- Responsible for setup and takedown of video equipment each game day
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and maintain all video production equipment
- Meet or exceed Northwoods League video production standards
- Will be required to attend player/mascot/organization appearances in the community
- Responsibilities will also include assisting other departments when requested or needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.