Title: Stats Stringer
Reports to: Assistant General Manager
Stats stringers are responsible for digitally scoring games from the MLB ballparks, which provides the data used in the live content applications on MLB.com, including At-Bat, Gameday and MLB.TV, real-time highlights and text alerts, and by our business partners. This is a perfect part-time job for a responsible, computer-savvy person who happens to be a big baseball fan.
- Double-check and verify all pre-game information: rosters, umpires, weather conditions, etc.
- During the game, enter the results of every pitch and game event (plays, substitutions, etc.) using our proprietary software and coding language.
- Work closely with MiLB game-night support staff to ensure proper scoring of all game events and accuracy of data.
- After the game, enter all post-game information: winning and losing pitcher, saves, holds, time and attendance.
- Validate all stats and data in our scoring software against the official box score provided by the Official Scorer.
- Arrive at the ballpark no later than one hour prior to the scheduled start time.
- Exceptional (and demonstrable) knowledge of baseball and how to score a baseball game.
- Strong computer proficiency (Windows OS and Windows-based software) and the ability to quickly learn and operate new software.
- Previous experience (including pressbox exposure) with a professional or college sports team, preferably baseball.
- Regular availability to attend games in-person as required by the schedule: weekdays, nights and weekends.
- A "team player" with a great attitude, including but not limited to a willingness to make and learn from mistakes and the ability to work closely and cooperatively (and take direction from) our game-night staff.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.