The Hot Rods enter the 2019 season as defending Midwest League Champions, and will be doing so on a newly renovated playing surface consisting of Latitude 36 Bermudagrass and a brand new DuraEdge professional infield clay surface, along with 2 million dollars worth of other stadium enhancements. The Assistant Turf Manager will work with the Head Turf Manager in every day maintenance of the playing surface at Bowling Green Ballpark, insuring a safe and exceptional field throughout the 2019 baseball season.
Position Responsibilities: (Duties will include, but not limited to)
- Mowing (riding/walking)
- Infield skin/clay maintenance
- Mound and plate repair both on-field and in bullpens
- Irrigation repairs and replacements
- Equipment cleaning and upkeep
- Shop and batting tunnel cleaning and upkeep
- Occasional logo and line painting
- Work special events and able to work alone at times including running a crew, working in all weather conditions including heat, rain, snow and must be able to assist with all tarps
- Candidate enrolled in or graduated from a 2 or 4 year Turf Program is preferred
- Prior knowledge and experience of working on a baseball field is a must
- Obtaining a Kentucky Pesticide Applicators License is preferred
- The individual must be highly motivated, self-initiative and able to work in fast-paced situations
- Must be able to work long, flexible hours including nights, early mornings on occasion, weekends and holidays
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.