An intern with the Beloit Sky Carp will learn in an organization and environment that is recognized as one of the best in minor league baseball. The Sky Carp’s goal is to provide each intern valuable learning experience while the college or university course requirements are met. Interns are unpaid students and they must be part of a college or university program or course. Spring Internships generally span from January to May.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (with an emphasis on education)
· Learn inventorying of merchandise
· Assist with maintenance of retail locations, make them eye appealing and organized
· Train to, and maintains retail standards, policies and procedures
· Learn to open and close retail locations
· Assist retail management with the daily cash procedures and operations
· Monitor store floor, assist with guests needs and requests
· Co-supervise retail associates; completes store operational needs by assigning employees and following up on work results
· Regularly evaluate, create, and maintain professional visual displays; provide direction to retail associates regarding store merchandising and displays
· Ensure integrity of physical inventory and par levels
· Maintain cleanliness and safety standards throughout the retail shops
· Attend Wahoos U training program (virtually) to gain knowledge and professional development
· Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· High level of integrity
· Grade point average of 3.0 or higher
· Leadership demonstrated in school organizations, sports and/or work experiences
· Strong analytical skills
· Strong mathematical skills and experience in handling monies and payments
· Strong teamwork skills as well as the ability to work independently and self-motivate
· Strong time management and organizational skills
· Strong presentation skills
· Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
· Proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, and Access)
· Some experience with PowerPoint and Photoshop
· Ability to organize, make and report cold calls
· Ability to attend company events of all types
· Ability to learn in fast paced environment
· Ability to learn in flexible hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
· Ability to pull tarp and other manual labor tasks, part of the baseball learning experience
· Due to the strong community support of the Beloit Sky carp, persons from the greater Beloit area or who are attending local area schools are preferred
Education and Experience
Interns are unpaid students and they must be part of a college or university program or course. Previous customer service experience a plus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a seasonal, part-time position. Days and hours will vary to include evening and weekend work according to business needs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The key physical requirements of this position include the ability to walk and stand for an extended period of time, lift up to 30 pounds, and the use of standard office equipment including computers.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* In order to continue our mission of improving the lives of the people in the communities that we serve, priority in hiring interns and trainees will be given to those applicants who live in the area or attend school in the area of the position posting. *
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.