Coordinator, Event Operations - Miami Marlins (Miami · FL)
Miami Marlins Jobs
Sports Jobs in Miami · FL
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
The Coordinator, Event Operations will be responsible for assisting in the planning, organizing, and executing all baseball and non-baseball events hosted at loanDepot park.
- Aid in the development and implementation of policies and procedures for gameday and non-gameday events at loanDepot park.
- Assist with the preparation and circulation of homestand and production notes, communication sheets, event resumes and staff deployments
- Liaise between ballpark clients, vendors, tenants, and internal departments/partners to ensure expectations are exceeded throughout each event cycle
- Develop layouts and signage plans for games and events
- Assist internal departments with the coordination of events and activations held on gamedays and non-gamedays
- Meet with all relevant departments to communicate roles and responsibilities to guarantee the successful and collaborative execution of each event
- Work closely with the Ballpark Services department to ensure event areas and spaces are properly set and configured
- Serve as the on-site event manager for assigned events inclusive of setup and breakdown
- Conduct walkthroughs prior to every event with a focus on presentation, safety, and cleanliness; follow-up on outstanding issues with internal departments and third party partners
- Address guest issues and/or incidents that occur during baseball games and events, and provide effective solutions and follow-up
- Support the direction and management of event staff, including but not limited to: event security, guest services, and housekeeping
- Generate event estimates and post-event settlements
- Other responsibilities as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Strong interpersonal and verbal/written communications skills.
- Highly organized and able to disseminate information to departments and partners in a timely fashion
- Able to perform multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Ability to motivate and maintain effective working relationships with staff and partners.
- Ability to work all baseball games and events, often involving extended hours, weekends, and holidays
- Willing to learn and take direction well
- Dependable, punctual and manages time efficiently
- Pays great attention to detail
- Excel and Word proficiency required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Suggested Education & Experience Guidelines:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in related area
- Previous experience coordinating events in a ballpark or similar venue
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.