Angels Baseball-Full Time Tech Services Manager - Los Angeles Angels (Anaheim · CA)
Los Angeles Angels jobs
Sports Jobs in Anaheim · CA
Technical Services: Technical Support/Help Desk
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Angels Baseball Information Services is seeking a qualified hands-on Technical Services Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for leading our efforts to continually improve IT-related processes across the enterprise. The focus of this position is five-fold: (1) help desk management, (2) business application support, (3) cyber security monitoring and end user awareness, (4) IT process improvement and (5) end user success.
The individual in this role will be a key team member in helping the IS team provide excellent customer service and deliver increasing value to the business. We are a small team. This is a hands-on position.
As the Technical Services Manager, you must have a solid technical background combined with customer service experience. A problem-solving attitude with strong attention to detail is required. Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills are critical.
- Help Desk related responsibilities include:
- Monitor day-to-day activities of the IT help desk team.
- Manage and coordinate urgent and complicated support issues.
- Coordinate support team escalations and alert communications during major incidents
- Take ultimate ownership of all open and aging tickets. Ensure tickets do not “fall through the cracks” by having eyes on all tickets and following up with assigned team members regarding status.
- Prioritize incoming support tickets and ensure a timely assignment of an IT resource and ensure proper communication back to the client takes place.
- Ensure data integrity of all support tickets. For example, ensure proper categorization, meaningful description, proper resolution description, etc., to facilitate better reporting and analytics.
- Ensure help desk on-call coverage for critical business matters is scheduled among rotating team members during non-business hours, on-site coverage for evening and weekend home games during the baseball season.
- Handle incoming support calls and emails when other help desk team members are not available.
- Business application support responsibilities include:
- Learn all appropriate business applications used and supported by the organization.
- Perform business application administration and monitoring duties.
- Determine root cause of recurring issues and recommend proactive steps that can be taken to reduce or eliminate them.
- Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications under development or consideration for purchase.
- Create training content and train users in the use of business applications.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, IS team members, and end users.
- Write test plans and execute them or oversee their execution.
- Cyber security monitoring and end user awareness responsibilities include:
- Working with the Director of IT, assist in the execution of social engineering simulation exercises.
- Utilizing the Phishme and Wombat programs, construct phishing simulations for delivery to user community.
- Develop various user group lists that will be used to deliver phishing simulations.
- Track delivery and status of delivered simulation, and monitor for responses.
- Follow up with those who fail the simulation and schedule them for training.
- From time-to-time conduct or organize training and information sharing sessions around cyber security topics.
- Working with networking engineering and administration team members, assist with on-going security-related monitoring, investigation, and research tasks.
- IT process improvement responsibilities include:
- Maintain, create and ensure adherence to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and operational metrics.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation in a central knowledge repository.
- Working with the Director of IT and other team members, develop key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure IT team performance.
- Monitor KPIs for all major processes to identify opportunities for improvement and drive actionable items.
- Working with fellow team members, establish best practices through the entire technical support process.
- Follow up with customers via a mix of personal interaction, follow-up survey, etc. to identify areas of improvement.
- End user success responsibilities include:
- Identify training opportunities and, working with other team members as appropriate, lead the effort to deliver the training.
- Create training and self-help material for end users as identified.
- 5+ years of hands-on service desk or other IT support management experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field (recommended)
- Deep skills supporting MS Windows 10, MS Office, Office 365, VOIP and Citrix
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Solid overall technical background with an ability to give instructions to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge and experience with cloud-based software solutions (Box, Smartsheet, etc.) a plus
- On-call requirements as a point of escalation after hours and weekends
- Customer-service oriented with a problem-solving attitude
- Hands-on work style, team player and willing to roll up sleeves to get the job done.
- Ability to delegate to others and work independently with minimal day-to-day instruction
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to communicate, train, work with and build relationships with business users
Physical Demands - Persons in this position may have to:
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time
- Frequently traverse to various locations around the stadium
- Continuously operate devices that are capable of completing essential job functions such as computers and accompanying equipment
- May be subjected to extreme heat (over 100 degrees) when working outdoors i.e. performing work in an around the stadium
- May be subjected to extreme cold when working in data center
- May be subjected to loud noises during stadium events
- May occasionally lift up to 20 lbs and push items on carts weighing up to 50lbs
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The Angels believe that diversity contributes to a more enriched collective perspective and a better decision-making process. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can, and we encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.