Full-Time Creative Director
Little League International in Williamsport, PA is looking to hire a full-time Creative Director to join our Communications team. Individuals who would like to work for an established nonprofit organization that plays a positive role in the lives of millions of youths around the world and who would love to work collaboratively with the graphic designers to creatively communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate our audience in support of the Little League Baseball and Softball corporate initiatives are encouraged to apply.
This full-time exempt position has core hours of Monday - Friday, 9am to 5pm. You may be eligible to participate in our Flexible Work Arrangement Program. While most work is done during normal business hours, occasional peaks in workload and special events may require working in the evenings and on weekends. Occasional travel (< 10%) may be required.
This position earns a competitive salary commensurate with skills and experience. A drug screen and background checks are required. We also have a 35-hour standard work week and offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, a 401(k) plan with employer match, and 20 paid holidays per calendar year in a positive work culture that embraces diversity and inclusion. If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, apply today!
ABOUT LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
Located in South Williamsport, Pennsylvania, we are the administrative and operational headquarters for Little League Baseball and Softball, the leading nonprofit youth sports organization with 80 years of history supporting youth baseball and softball. Little League® is played in approximately 6,500 communities across more than 80 countries around the world. We believe in the power of youth baseball and softball to teach life lessons that build stronger individuals and communities.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A CREATIVE DIRECTOR AT LITTLE LEAGUE INTERNATIONAL
As a Creative Director you will be responsible for the oversight, development, management, and maintenance of all visual design and branding elements surrounding the Little League organization, including, but not limited to, graphic design, website, e-mail, video production, social media, and more. The Creative Director will work collaboratively with the Director of Web & Emerging Technologies, the Director of Social & Digital Strategy, Graphic Designers, and other staff within the Communications Department, as well as freelancers and third-party vendors, to creatively communicate ideas that inspire, inform, and captivate our audience in support of the Little League Baseball and Softball corporate initiatives while championing our organization’s vision, mission, and core values. You will work with graphic designers to use digital illustration, photo editing software, and layout software in order to create a variety of print and digital products, visual elements, collateral pieces, and publications in support of Little League’s various initiatives, including advertisements, flyers, reports, books, logos, banners, posters, signs, presentations, and other materials while maintaining brand consistency across all platforms to meet our vision and mission. And the Creative Director maintains usage of Little League’s brand guidelines to ensure consistency and correct usage across all departments while working to ensure guidelines remain up to date, modernized, and in line with Little League’s overall strategic initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE CREATIVE DIRECTOR
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Creative Arts, Business, Marketing, Communications, or Management, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Minimum five to eight (5-8) years of experience in brand creative direction, ideally with a mix of agency and in-house experience.
- Previous experience in a creative leadership role.
- Excellent professional communication skills in both written and spoken communication. Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, including senior and executive levels.
- Must possess excellent English writing and communication skills (grammatically correct and professional tone). Fluency in English language required.
- Expertise in using Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat Pro) and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- A broad understanding of graphic design, brand consistency, publishing principles, and concepts, for print, online, and mobile devices.
- Must have analytical skills and the ability to look at work from the point of view of others and examine how their creative designs will be perceived by the target audience to ensure they convey the desired message.
- Knowledge of industry standards and understanding of business principles including the ability to analyze reports, trends, and evaluate design quality and methods.
- Extensive computer experience and proficiency including good typing skills, e-mail, internet access and research.
- Requires strong design skills, including a professional portfolio.
- Have an understanding of emerging communications technology and desktop publishing methods.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and proofing experience.
- Must be a creative thinker and able to provide multiple visual solutions for digital and print storytelling, educational materials, and corporate communications.
- A positive attitude, open mind, and willingness to learn.
- Organized, detail-oriented, great leadership and a good communicator and possess the ability to manage high volume assignments in an efficient and timely manner. This includes the ability to adjust to unscheduled developments that require immediate attention.
- Requires strong organizational skills including the ability to prioritize workload and complete multiple projects as needed and assigned in addition to time management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team, and/or third-party vendors, to meet deadlines.
- A demonstrated interest in youth activities, preferably sports-related would be beneficial, but not required.
- Advanced photography and/or videography skills, as well as motion graphic development experience, are beneficial.
- A second language is a plus.
- General knowledge of the Little League program.
DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE STARTS HERE – ALL ARE WELCOME AND ENCOURAGED TO APPLY! We are dedicated in providing a diverse, accepting, and supportive work environment that holds all employees to the highest standards of conduct, integrity, inclusiveness, respect, and engagement. We strive to transform our organization into a place where employees work, thrive, and grow while supporting our collective and individual successes.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: We build teams from qualified candidates regardless of their gender, background, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.