Trainee-Media Relations - Kansas City Royals (Kansas City · MO)
Kansas City Royals Jobs
Jobs in Kansas City · MO
Communications/Community Relations: Media/Public Relations Servicing
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Kansas City Royals Trainee Program
The Kansas City Royals Trainee Program is designed for applicants interested in the sports and entertainment industry, particularly professional sports. The Royals are seeking applicants with various backgrounds, educations and experiences to create a valuable community of learning opportunities from front office staff as well as from one another. The Trainee Program intends to cultivate a network of young professionals dedicated to developing their career and supporting the careers of those around them.
Position is responsible for assisting the Media Relations department in the day-to-day preparation for home and road games.
- Write, research and edit daily game notes, including the Minor League Report, for all games
- Compile daily news clips in InDesign to be emailed throughout the organization every day
- Produce stat pack in InDesign using info provided by MLB Stats Platform for home games
- Copy and distribute daily gameday materials to clubhouses, media and broadcasters for home games
- Assist in the press box and scoreboard room during home games, and serve as a primary fact-checker of Crown Vision, the Hall of Fame board and ribbon boards throughout Kauffman Stadium
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Must be physically present in Kansas City from mid-March through the end of September
- Must be proficient in Microsoft computer applications, including Excel spreadsheets and Adobe InDesign
- Must have knowledge of the game of baseball, including expansive statistical understanding and the ability to translate that understanding into game note form
- Excellent writing and editing skills are a must
- Experience with Statspass, Baseball Reference’s Stathead and/or MLB Stats Platform is preferred
- Work hours include holidays, weekends, and evenings
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and plan work under own initiative
Additional Physical Demands/Working Conditions:
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. This job description is not intended to be constructed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required in order to perform the work. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The Kansas City Royals are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all job applications and employees.