Trainee - Mascot - Kansas City Royals (Kansas City · MO)
Kansas City Royals Jobs
Jobs in Kansas City · MO
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Job Title: Trainee – Mascot
Job Summary: Position is responsible for assisting the Mascot Coordinator in executing all elements of the Best Mascot in Major League Baseball, Sluggerrr.
- Perform as a backup mascot at events as designated by Mascot Coordinator
- Assist Mascot Coordinator in Booking, Promoting and Executing Internal and External Appearances
- Assist in Gameday Operations for Sluggerrr
- Prop Building
- Music Editing
- Video Editing
- Social Media – Keep Content Fresh and up to date on social media platforms of Sluggerrr
- Maintain Office Hours
- Conduct Industry Research
- Help Develop School Shows
- Assist Full Time Mascot at designated appearances
- Maintain and Clean Costumes/Wardrobe/Locker Room/Props
- Provide creative assistance
- Provide logistical assistance to mascot during appearances
- Adhere to Mascot Program rules
- General Office Duties
- Other duties as assigned by Mascot Coordinator
Position Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required:
- One year commitment (February 2024 – October/November 2024)
- Passion for mascots, mascot performance and sports entertainment
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Must have highlight video for review
- Ability to be trained, coached, and critiqued to perform “in character”
- Experience performing in a costume or in front of crowds as a Mascot, or other professional entertainer at the college, minors, corporate or professional level
- Must be creative and understand non-verbal acting and communication
- Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills
- Must be in a physical state that allows you to perform under extreme conditions
- Possess a basic knowledge of Major League Baseball
- Must be between 5’11” – 6’4”
- Reliable Transportation
- Must be available holidays, weekends, evenings
· Ability to lift items weighing as much as 25 pounds
· Must be able to be productive utilizing a computer keyboard and telephone
· Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times
· Specific vision abilities include close vision and ability to adjust focus
· Must be comfortable walking to navigate the facility to access the office, concourse, etc.
· Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as required by deadlines and event scheduling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands, handle, or feel.
This role is a Part-Time, Non-Exempt opportunity that is not eligible for Company Benefits, 401K, and PTO. The schedule for this position is dependent on our team schedule and is subject to change.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, the Kansas City Royals will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, the Club also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions please inquire with Human Resources by email at [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.