Technician-HVAC/R - Kansas City Royals (Kansas City · MO)
Kansas City Royals jobs
Sports Jobs in Kansas City · MO
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Engineering
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
Job Summary: This position is primarily responsible for installation, maintenance, and repair of HVAC and refrigeration systems at Kauffman Stadium. Position is responsible to assure maximum life and reliability of these systems through proactive maintenance strategies. This position will also assist in other daily building maintenance activities as required.
- Assist in conduct the daily operations and maintenance of HVAC/Refrigeration equipment and other general maintenance of the building as required
- Install, repair, and maintain Refrigeration and HVAC equipment, including walk-in coolers/freezers, ice makers, boilers, DX air conditioners, chillers (up to 500 tons), fan coil units, and air handlers (up to 50,000 CFM)
- Assist with the winterization of the plumbing systems
- Perform preventive maintenance duties, including changing filters, cleaning coils, oiling motors, inspecting/adjusting belts, replacing motor bearings, aligning shafts, and annual inspections as directed by manufacturers
- Ability to trouble shoot all kids of HVAC/Refrigeration and food service equipment issues and repair
- Perform PM tasks as scheduled and document finished work
- Coordinate maintenance efforts with outside contractor and technicians
- May assist in development of department budget
- Inspect project to ensure compliance with local and standard codes
- Purchasing, inventory, and storage of HVAC/Refrigeration and food service equipment parts and supplies
- Read plans and blueprints; determine scope of work, materials needed and their cost/availability
- Other related duties as assigned, including game day maintenance activities
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5-10 year experience in HVAC/Refrigeration
- Broad knowledge working with all types of refrigerants, air handlers, chillers, etc.
- Possess general working knowledge of building repairs and skills
- Working knowledge and safe use of general shop and hand tools including ladders, scissor/man-lifts, etc.
- Professional schooling and/or specialized training in any or all of the following trades a major plus: plumbing, appliance repair, electrical, electronic controls
- Refrigeration Certification - prefer Universal Refrigeration Certification
- Experience with computerized maintenance systems, building automation systems, central chiller, generator controls a plus
- Team player able to work alone and/or closely with global team and open to sharing information and best practices with the team
- Ability to work at heights greater than 25 ft.
- Ability to work in heat/cold and to be on feet for extended periods of time
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Available to work flexible hours including game events, evenings, weekends, and holidays