Sweeper - Kansas City Royals (Kansas City · MO)
Kansas City Royals Jobs
Jobs in Kansas City · MO
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Custodial/Housekeeping
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Job Title: Sweeper
Job Summary: Position is responsible for maintaining a safe and clean concourse at all times. Removing all trash and recycle from receptacles and sweeping/mopping the concourse of any debris or liquids. Hours usually required to work are two (2) hours before scheduled game time until one (1) hour after game.
· Sweep concourse
· Pull trash and recycle from receptacles
· Restock all janitor closets
· Clean up any bodily fluids
· Assist at the gates on giveaway days
· Provide customer service to our guests
Position Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required:
· Must comply with proper safety policies and procedures
· Must be fan-friendly and become familiar with the stadium in order to provide accurate directions throughout the ballpark
· Ability to lift items weighing as much as 10 pounds
· Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times
· Specific vision abilities include close vision and ability to adjust focus
· Must be comfortable walking to navigate the facility to access the office, concourse, etc.
· Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as required by deadlines and event scheduling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands, handle, or feel.
This role is a Part-Time, Non-Exempt opportunity that is not eligible for Company Benefits, 401K, and PTO. The schedule for this position is dependent on our team schedule and is subject to change.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, the Kansas City Royals will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, the Club also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions please inquire with Human Resources by email at [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.