Stadium Engineering Technician – Part Time - Kansas City Royals (Kansas City · MO)
Kansas City Royals Jobs
Jobs in Kansas City · MO
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Engineering
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Job Title: Stadium Engineering Technician – Part Time
Job Summary: This position is support labor for the various trades in the Engineering Department, reporting to the Senior Director of Engineering. The technician will work with other tradesmen on carpentry, painting, electrical, HVAC, plumbing, foodservice equipment and other general building maintenance. The position is part-time but will work roughly 35 hours/week from February through November, and may work during events, nights and weekends.
- Assist with installation, repair and maintenance on all types of plumbing systems
- Assist with installation, repair and maintenance on all types of HVAC systems
- Assist with installation, repair and maintenance on all types of electrical systems
- Assist with installation, repair and maintenance on all types of foodservice equipment
- Assist with general building maintenance which may involve carpentry and/or painting
- Other duties as assigned including game day maintenance activities
Position Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Team player able to work closely with others toward the common goals of the department
- Basic knowledge of computers, email, etc. Possess general working knowledge of building repairs and skills.
- Working knowledge and safe use of general shop and hand tools including scaffolding, scissor and/or man-lifts, ladders, etc.
- Professional schooling and/or specialized training in any or all of the following trades a major plus: refrigeration, HVAC, appliance repair, electrical, electronic controls, painting, carpentry, plumbing
- Ability to lift items weighing as much as 70 pounds
- Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times
- Specific vision abilities include close vision and ability to adjust focus
- Must be comfortable walking to navigate the facility to access the office, concourse, etc.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as required by deadlines and event scheduling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands, handle, or feel.
This role is a Part-Time, Non-Exempt opportunity that is not eligible for Company Benefits, 401K, and PTO. The schedule for this position is dependent on our team schedule and is subject to change.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, the Kansas City Royals will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, the Club also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions please inquire with Human Resources by email at [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.