Guest Services Representative - Kansas City Royals (Kansas City · MO)
Kansas City Royals Jobs
Jobs in Kansas City · MO
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Job Title: Guest Services Representative
Job Summary: Provide guest services office assistance to guests visiting Kauffman Stadium to ensure a friendly and outstanding ballpark experience during Kansas City Royals baseball games.
- Answer questions, give directions and help our guests have an outstanding ballpark experience
- Listen to guests in a positive manner and aid/service recovery in real-time while documenting their experience for the Guest Experience Department
- Assist guests with valid seat relocations (wheelchair row seating, etc.) to ensure a comfortable experience
- Print Certificates for our guests (First Game and Special Occasions)
- Promote and sell the Royals Blue Crew Kids Membership package
- Handle Lost and Found items
- Check-in strollers/wheelchairs
- Other duties assigned by the Guest Service Supervisor
Position Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required:
- High school degree required. Prefer candidate pursuing a college education and career in sports management, business, or hospitality services
- 1-2 years Guest Service experience preferred (e.g. hospitality, entertainment, retail)
- Must be available to work all home games remaining in the season
- Excellent computer and typing skills
- Professional demeanor and excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Must be team-oriented, extremely outgoing, and motivated
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time during games
- Ability to lift items weighing as much as 15 pounds
- Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times
- Must be comfortable walking to navigate the facility to access the office, concourse, etc.
- Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as required by deadlines and event scheduling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands, handle, or feel.
This role is a Part-Time, Non-Exempt opportunity that is not eligible for Company Benefits, 401K, and PTO. The schedule for this position is dependent on our team schedule and is subject to change.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, the Kansas City Royals will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, the Club also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions please inquire with Human Resources by email at [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.