Attendant - Parking - Kansas City Royals (Kansas City · MO)
Kansas City Royals Jobs
Jobs in Kansas City · MO
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Parking Operations
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
Job Title: Parking Attendant
Job Summary: Position will provide safe, efficient & appropriate access into parking lots throughout Kauffman Stadium/Truman Sports Complex and in an organized and safe manner. This role will quickly park vehicles utilizing each space in the parking lot. Also, this position will be required to enforce KC Royals parking policies and procedures while providing quality customer service to each of our guests.
· Know the approved traffic and parking patterns for the complex
· Ensure vehicles are parked in appropriate parking lot
· Effectively communicate with coworkers to park vehicles safely and efficiently
· Be “aggressively friendly” to all guests
· Enforce Royals parking policies and procedures
· Be constantly aware of surroundings
· Be alert to guests needing first aid, transportation, or other assistance
· Other duties as assigned
Position Qualifications, Skills, and Experience Required:
· Must be at least 18 years old
· Able to stand for at least 3 hours & possibly longer on some game dates
· Available to work in heat/cold and other inclement weather while on complex
· Knowledge of baseball helpful
· Possess a professional attitude that is customer service oriented
· Available to work flexible hours to include holidays, weekends, evenings, and all home game
· Ability to lift items weighing as much as 15 pounds
· Must be able to be productive in a work environment where the noise level can be high at times
· Specific vision abilities include close vision and ability to adjust focus
· Must be comfortable walking to navigate the facility to access the office, concourse, etc.
· Must be able to work extended hours and/or weekends as required by deadlines and event scheduling
The physical demands described here are representative of those that may be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; walk; use hands, handle, or feel.
This role is a seasonal opportunity with the Kansas City Royals, but we require our seasonal staff to join the International Union, Local 1 MO Division, AFL-CIO, CLC. The schedule for this position is dependent on our team schedule and is subject to change.
We also afford equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability. For this reason, the Kansas City Royals will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant consistent with its legal obligations to do so, including reasonable accommodations applicable local, state and / or federal law. As part of its commitment to make reasonable accommodations, the Club also wishes to participate in a timely, good faith, interactive process with a disabled applicant to determine effective reasonable accommodations, if any, which can be made in response to a request for accommodations. Applicants are invited to identify reasonable accommodations that can be made to assist them to perform the essential functions of the position they seek. Any applicant who requires an accommodation in order to perform the essential functions please inquire with Human Resources by email at [email protected].
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.