The Memphis Redbirds, Triple A affiliate of the St. Louis Cardinals, and Memphis 901 FC, members of USL Championship, are searching for high school juniors and seniors and college students looking to gain experience in the sports industry.
The paid Seasonal Game Day Intern position is general in nature and will work through multiple departments within the Memphis Redbirds and Memphis 901 FC game day operations. Selected candidates will be given the opportunity to maximize the scope of their development and experience for future career opportunities. Interns will work mostly night and weekend hours following the schedule of both the Redbirds and Memphis 901 FC.
Must be 16 or older to apply. Job duties and hours worked are subject to change. Priority will be given to interns who are local to the Memphis area, however applicants who are not local are still encouraged to apply. Class schedules and general availability will be discussed during the interview process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Operations – work in guest services as an usher or at gates, work on-field as a team attendant and/or security, work with the grounds crew for game prep, post game cleaning
Marketing – assist with giveaways, sponsorship activations, pre-game, in-game, and post-game fan activities
Sales – sell tickets at the box office, staff the will-call tent, resolve ticket issues at the gates
Retail – assist guests and operate register in team store or kiosk locations, restock and face merchandise
Production* – assist with recording stats, operating videoboard, camera crew (previous experience in these areas preferred)
- Assist with tarp pulls as assigned
- Represent the organizations in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Other duties as assigned to successfully host first-class events for the organizations
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- High school junior, senior or college student seeking class credit or entry level position
- Availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as team schedules require
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to successfully communicate with the public and other employees
- Willingness to learn with a positive, can-do attitude
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in stressful situations
- Ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions including heat, cold, and rain
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds
- Ability to push/pull with hands/arms
- Ability to walk/run during tarp pulls
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.