Summary: The Louisville Bats are the AAA affiliate of the Cincinnati Reds.
Director of Promotions and Events is responsible for creating, developing, and activating promotions and events to drive ticket sales of Bats games. This role is the lead on creating and developing additional revenue generating events for Louisville Slugger Field.
- Direct and implement all aspects of promotions and events.
- Manage budget, event programming, and staffing, creative development
- Collaborate with management team on strategic priorities
- Create pre/post live programming
- Importance of planning with significant lead time and attention to detail
- Work with clients to understand their needs and work with internal team to develop detailed event plans.
- Develop innovative promotions
- Develop strategic partnerships with key community and business partners
- Oversee the planning and development of press conferences, sales events, and community philanthropic events.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by EVP and President.
- 3-5 years promotion and event experience
- Strong communication skills - written/verbal
- Ability to manage a large staff of team members, subcontractors, volunteers while working with local authorities.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Bachelor’s degree
- Team/entertainment experience preferred
- History of developing grassroots marketing initiatives
- Proficient in Microsoft applications
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- Ability to manage high level detail across multiple events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.