The Game Day Internship Program is designed for college students to explore careers in the sport industry while getting hands-on experience working with one of the most successful teams in Minor League Baseball. The IronPig's GDI Program will expose students to numerous game day roles and will allow students to learn from and work alongside IronPigs Front Office Staff members. By experiencing multiple departments, the GDI Program is designed to assist students in choosing which specific direction they are interested in.
The GDI program will begin in April and will conclude in September. Interns are expected to be present for all IronPigs' games they are scheduled for. Although interns will not be scheduled to work 100% of the games, we are looking for qualified candidates that have open availability. We acknowledge that most colleges and universities do not end the school semester until May. The GDI Program is able to work with individuals that are still attending classes at that time.
Game day report time is approximately 2.5 hours prior to first pitch (4:30PM for a standard 7:05PM game). GDI's will be dismissed shortly after the game ends when all responsibilities are finished.
- $40 per game – no housing provided
- Game Day Interns are able to earn college credit.
- Assist in general game day setup including; giveaways, programs and sponsor tables
- Handle customer service inquires at front desk and fan services
- Assist promo crew with on-field entertainment and escorting mascots
- Manage food & beverage stands
- Assist the catering department with suites and hospitality areas
- Sell IronPigs tickets and resolve ticketing issues
- Sell IronPigs merchandise throughout ballpark
- Assist promo crew in handing out giveaways, exit distributions
- Opportunity to volunteer for special projects (Baseball camps, ballpark events, etc.)
- Other responsibilities related to game day operations as assigned by IronPigs Front Office members
Students participating in the GDI Program will be exposed to a professional working experience and will gain valuable information in the following categories:
- Hands-on sales experience
- The Importance of event logistics and timing
- Executing marketing promotions
- Providing customer Service & problem solving
- Working as a team to reach a goal
- Networking with professional staff
Due to the responsibilities and hours required of this position, only local candidates will be considered.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.