The Charlotte Knights, the Triple-A affiliate of the Chicago White Sox, are looking for a Mascot Assistant for the 2021 season! This role is the perfect fit for creative and outgoing individuals seeking fun and unique experiences in the sports entertainment field. The Knights play in the nationally-acclaimed Truist Field in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina’s Uptown area.
Charlotte Knights - Mascot Assistant
- Act as the “eyes and ears” for the full-time mascot, Homer the Dragon. This includes fan interactions, awareness of game progression, in-game scheduling, fan requests and potential hazards
- Assist fans with taking pictures, facilitating autographs, and answering questions
- Help write, plan, and execute creative skits and in-game bits
- Carry mascot supplies (autograph cards, t-shirts, signs, props, etc.)
- Assist with all Homer related game day tasks and activities
Ideal applicants for this position should have a creative, energetic and outgoing personality with a desire to create an environment centered around positivity and having fun
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to relate to fans of all ages and backgrounds
- Must feel confident with handling crowd interaction and management
- Must be punctual and possess good time management skills
- Must be willing to work outside for extended periods of time
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Experience in photography, videography, editing, graphic design, and/or social media are desired, but not required
- This is a part-time position on Charlotte Knights game days.
- It is the perfect role for someone that loves to entertain, is outgoing, and enjoys creating and working in a fun-focused atmosphere.
- The Mascot Assistant position is designed to help you learn, craft, and develop your sports entertainment skills and knowledge.
- Mascot experience is appreciated, but certainly not required.
- No prior experience required, we are simply looking for someone who is full of positive energy and ready to work hard to ensure positive experiences for our fans.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.