Are you energetic, friendly, reliable, and FUN? Are you a team player who thrives in fast-paced work settings?
If so, we want you to join America’s Favorite Minor League Team... the Durham Bulls!
We are seeking an experienced part-time Concessions Cook to work at the Historic Durham Bulls Stadium. As a Concessions Cook you will prepare and serve hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with the standards of Bull City Hospitality and applicable Health Department guidelines. This position offers $8.50 / hour. This is a part-time, seasonal position with the season lasting from April 5th to September 3rd, 2018.
As a Concessions Cook, you will...
- Prepare food to specifications before and during unit operations
- Properly measure and portion all food items. Comply with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures
- Cook all food in a timely manner
- Utilize kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as knives, slicers, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, fryers, ovens, etc.
- Ensure proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly
- Ensure the proper rotation, labeling and dating of all products
- Ensure freshness and quality of all menu items
- Perform opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines
- Keep workstation and equipment clean, organized, and sanitized
- Excellent communication with management
- Follow and uphold all health codes and sanitation regulations
- Report all hazards or accidents immediately
- Work on-site at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park - 409 Blackwell Street Durham, NC 27701
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 6 months experience in food preparation in a fast paced environment
- Ability to interact as a team with co-workers and supervisors
- Ability to self-direct and work under pressure
- Background in culinary arts is a plus
- Available to work all home games during holidays, evenings, and weekends
- Customer service-oriented with the ability to interact with guests and all levels of management throughout the organization
- Team player
- Bilingual (Spanish / English) is a plus
Perks include generous discounts on all tickets and merchandise when you present your employee badge! Enjoy a fun and exciting atmosphere in our beautiful newly-renovated stadium, a set schedule, and meet your favorite MiLB mascot, Wool E. Bull!
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.