Are you energetic, friendly, reliable, and FUN? Are you a team player who thrives in fast-paced work settings?
If so, we want you to join America’s Favorite Minor League Team... the Durham Bulls!
We are seeking an experienced Part-Time Catering Cook to work at the Historic Durham Bulls Stadium for the 2020 season. As a Part-Time Catering Cook, you will be responsible for setting the line and conducting food service. This position requires dedication and knowledge of recipe conversions, preparing salads, dressing, and other cold food items. This is a part-time, seasonal position with the season lasting from March to September 2020.
Perks include generous discounts on all tickets and merchandise when you present your employee badge! Enjoy a fun and exciting atmosphere in our beautiful newly-renovated stadium, a set schedule, and meet your favorite MiLB mascot, Wool E. Bull!
As a Part-Time Catering Cook, you will:
- Set up and stock stations with all necessary supplies
- Prepare food for service (e.g. chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or preparing sauces)
- Cook menu items in cooperation with the rest of the kitchen staff
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Stock inventory appropriately
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
- Complete all other tasks as assigned by management
- Work on-site at the Durham Bulls ballpark - 409 Blackwell Street Durham, NC 27701
- Attend paid training during March 2020 (dates TBD)
Requirements of a Part-Time Catering Cook:
- Previous kitchen experience; proven cooking experience, including experience as a line chef, restaurant cook or prep cook
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures
- Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
- Accuracy and speed in executing assigned tasks
- Familiar with industry’s best practices
- High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school will be an asset
- All kitchen employees will be responsible for sanitation guidelines
- Consent to a pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen
- Must be able to see, and communicate through speech and listening
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
You will be contacted by a recruiter from Headway Workforce Solutions regarding this position, if you are a good fit for the role.
Headway Workforce Solutions is a leading B2B (Business to Business) provider of workforce solutions with an array of contract-based integrated services and national staffing solutions. Passionate about our work and dedicated to our clients, we are committed to exceeding expectations in the human capital service sector. To learn more about us visit: www.headwaywfs.com
Headway Workforce Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetics, or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Headway Workforce Solutions complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, tuition assistance, education, social recreation programs and benefits.