Job Title: Graphic Designer Status: Full-Time
Reports To: Creative Director FLSA: Exempt
Department: Corporate Sales & Marketing Effective: March 2023
Develop high-quality, highly compelling creative for online and offline channels that brings the Indianapolis Indians brand to life in service
of business objectives. Provide high level of graphic design support for internal departments, including but not limited to ticket sales,
corporate sales, marketing, operations and video presentation.
- Push the boundaries of design to deliver communication and visuals that excites and engages fans and other key audiences.
- Produce high quality creative assets across a variety of mediums including social and print, broadcast, web, etc.
- Leverage fan insights to design creative that excites and engages in efforts to strengthen the brand and storylines.
- Work closely with sales departments to design and produce collateral that furthers team sales goals.
- Produce compelling partnership creative and deliverables while adhering to both internal and external brand standards.
- Assist the marketing/social team in capturing content, including interviews, video shoots, photography sessions, and event documentation.
- Partner with internal creatives, Indians staff, and external partners to foster a collaborative process, environment and culture of
- creative excellence.
- Serve as lead designer for Indianapolis Indians Charities, Knot Hole Kids Club, and other family/community programming.
Must provide a professional portfolio to be considered. Proven experience in creative design. Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Possess high-level organization skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize goals.
- Strong design skills, understanding of design principals and the ability to provide creative visual direction and solutions.
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite applications InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Interest and ability to research new trends in creative design to translate experiences to potential fans and partners.
- Contribute to team culture maintaining a positive, professional attitude, ambition and receptiveness to input and constructive criticism.
- Understanding of sponsored and branded content and ability to create assets that drive value for Indians partners.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok.
- Experience in motion design a plus.
- Experience in shooting and editing photography is desirable.
Salary commensurate with experience, plus bonus structure (when eligible).
Benefits include paid vacation, 401(k) plan (when eligible) and health, dental and vision insurance.
About the Indianapolis Indians:
The Indianapolis Indians
are the professional Triple-A baseball club affiliate of the Pittsburgh Pirates. In continuous operation since 1902, the organization believes in creating affordable and memorable experiences for fans so they can grow closer together with family, friends and the community through the game of baseball. The Indians play their home games at Victory Field, a 13,750-seat ballpark located in downtown Indianapolis and White River State Park. The venue opened in 1996 and has received numerous national accolades as one of the best minor league ballparks in the United States. The team has led Minor League Baseball in combined total attendance over the past 10 seasons. In 2018, the organization was recognized as Ballpark Digest Team of the Year. It was also named a 2019 Best Places to Work by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.