Seeking person to generate new ticket revenue through group and hospitality tickets, and client retention via phone, in-person presentations, and networking events. The ideal candidate will have a passion for sales, building relationships, and be a self-starter with a solid foundation in work with, selling and coordinating group tickets packages and events.
This includes but is not limited to having the ability to initiate phone calls, successfully manage face-to-face appointments, correspond via email, and develop innovative programs that drive ticket sales.
- Meet or exceed specified daily call expectations
- Meet or exceed specified weekly sales appointment expectations
- Meet or exceed yearly sales goals
- Prospect and qualify all potential sales opportunities
- Maintain and grow several existing Bulls clients
- Effectively execute sales campaigns
- Maintain computerized records of all clients and prospects
- Assist customer service efforts at multiple points in the year
- The successful candidate will need to acquire a full working knowledge of all Durham Bulls ticket products to successfully sell to the community.
- Position requires strong communication and organizational skills as this individual will be expected to present sales material to large groups and clients.
- Proficiency in basic computer software skills is necessary.
- Must have excellent customer service skills, as well as a creative, positive, friendly, and helpful attitude.
- The ability to work as a team player is essential.
- During the baseball season, this individual must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays; have the ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs., will pull tarp as needed.
- A college degree in sports management/marketing, business, or a related field and a two years of high level sales success requirement.
A pre-employment drug screening is required. EOE, M/F. All Capitol Broadcasting Company properties are tobacco free. Capitol Broadcasting Company participates in E-Verify.
Capitol Broadcasting Company, Inc. is a diversified communications company which owns and/or operates WRAL-TV, WRAL Digital, WRAZ-TV, WRAZ Digital, WRAL-FM, WRAL-HD2, WCMC-FM, WCMC-HD1, WDNC-AM, WCMC-HD2, WCMC-HD3, WCLY-AM, WCMC-HD4, Microspace, CBC New Media Group and Wolfpack Sports Properties (a joint venture with Learfield) in Raleigh, NC; WILM-TV, WILT-LD and Sunrise Broadcasting in Wilmington, NC; The Durham Bulls Baseball Club, Bull City Hospitality, and the American Underground startup hub in Durham, NC; Holly Springs Salamanders in Holly Springs, NC; and real estate interests including the American Tobacco Historic District in Durham, NC, and Rocky Mount Mills in Rocky Mount, NC.