Sugar Land Skeeters Vice President, Corporate Partnerships & Premium Sales - Sugar Land Skeeters (Sugar Land · TX)
Department: Corporate Partnerships
Reports to: General Manager
Classification: Full-time (Exempt)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Vice President will be responsible for generating revenue through both Corporate Partnerships and Premium Sales. The role requires the planning and execution of a sales plan designed to grow and retain Corporate Partnerships and Premium seat partners. This position will manage a team of dedicated sales representatives in order to achieve organizational sales and revenue goals. The ideal candidate will be committed to the continued growth and professional development of their staff. The Vice President of Corporate Partnerships & Premium Sales will be directly responsible for the company’s performance expectations in these business units.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hire, train and manage a qualified sales staff with the goal of increasing partnership and premium revenue.
- Develop and implement both short and long-term sales plans.
- Track, adjust and execute new and renewal sales strategies.
- Set revenue and daily/weekly/annual activity goals for all employees Manage progress and efforts toward achieving these individual goals.
- Become a true coach/mentor for team members and create a strong sales culture and environment focused on hard work and accountability, achieving budget goals, and delivery of a positive client experience.
- Attend meetings, visiting prospects at events, and calling potential clients.
- Have direct sales efforts to drive business.
- Administer efficient, accurate, and timely reporting mechanisms related to sales activity as well as budget pacing activity.
- Identify new key community relationships or partnerships that will create new opportunities for the organization.
- Maintain and achieve set personal sales goals as provided by the General Manager.
- Work cross-functionally to drive organizational goals.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- 3+ years of successful sponsorship and or premium ticket experience, sports industry preferred. Proven track record of exceeding individual sales goals.
- 2+ years of sales management experience, sports industry preferred. Proven track record of exceeding organizational sales goals while managing a sales team.
- Knowledge of the Houston market and surrounding areas; specifically Fort Bend County.
- Ability to communicate articulately and confidently both verbally and in writing with individuals at every level of an external organization.
- Possess an innovative and aggressive mindset.
- Collaborative working style, yet comfortable completing tasks independently.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and possesses active listening skills.
- Strong work ethic and outstanding attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
This position manages all employees in the Corporate Partnership department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within the department.
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision. This is a largely sedentary role.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Rare travel may be expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.