Sugar Land Skeeters Street Team Member - Sugar Land Skeeters (Sugar Land · TX)
Sugar Land Skeeters jobs
Sports Jobs in Sugar Land · TX
Ticket Sales and Services: Client Relations/Customer Service
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Community Relations
Department: Community Relations
Reports to: Manager, Community Relations
Classification: Part-Time (Non-Exempt)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Sugar Land Skeeters Street Team will serve as key community ambassadors for the organization and are the first line of representation of the SLS brand at community appearances, game day activation support, and other grassroots events. The Skeeters are looking for outgoing, energetic personalities to help naturally generate brand awareness, cultivate fan engagement, and collect data for lead generation.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Working at on and off-site events (i.e. stadium events, youth baseball related functions, corporate events, farmers markets, festivals, school visits, etc.).
- Responsible for set-up, operation, and tear down of all elements while at events.
- Set-up and tear-down may include use of own vehicle to retrieve supplies from one location, deliver to another, and return them to the home location.
- Responsible for the activation of the following elements while at events: handout promotional items, on-site activation promotions or contests, interact with fans and communicate team information, capture ticket sales leads or similar.
- Strategize new activations and provide event recaps to better drive fan cultivation at future SLS functions.
- Support and help lead team marketing initiatives during Skeeters home games as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Outgoing individuals who are comfortable talking to people and promoting Skeeters baseball is essential.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to be a team player.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, pull up to 40 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and work outdoors in inclement and/or hot weather.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s License and Proof of Insurance
- Previous marketing/promotional experience for a college or professional sports team preferred
The position will perform work in a stadium, office and local community environment where noise/crowd levels greatly vary. The position is subject to varying temperatures and weather extremes.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand (3-4 hours) without a break; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Rare travel may be expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.