Plumbing Specialist - Houston Astros (Houston · TX)
Houston Astros jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Facility Operations/Event Staff: Facility/Venue Management
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Stadium Operations
Department: Stadium Operations
Supervisor: Manager, Engineering
Classification: Full-time (Non-Exempt)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
Plumbing Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of the installation, maintenance, inspection, operation, and repair of the plumbing systems within stadium, Union Station, and surrounding facilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform routine maintenance of plumbing systems within Minute Maid Park
- Adhere to current rules and regulations related to plumbing to make sure that systems pass inspection the first time
- Install and maintain plumbing systems
- Read blueprints and drawings to determine exact specifications and where plumbing system will be installed
- Determine water supply networks and waste drainage systems
- Coordinate with project manager on installation
- Install systems used to transport water, waste, gases, or liquid
- Ensure legislation and policies are met and that systems are up to code
- Ensure systems meet all standards of building codes and safety
- Cut openings in structures in preparation for pipes
- Select all materials needed for installation, including type and size of pipe
- Install supports and hangers for pipe, fixtures and equipment
- Assemble and install valves and fittings
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Install other plumbing equipment, such as sinks, toilets, water heaters, air conditioners, appliances, and trim.
- Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle
- Observe pressure gauges and test pipe systems to fix leaks
- Repair and maintain water treatment equipment
- Perform scheduled maintenance
- Ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported and grade
- Assist HVAC technician with Boiler Preventative Maintenance work
- Manages inventory of readily available materials for plumbing work spare/replacement parts
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent, Associate Degree preferred
- 5+ years of technical and trade experience
- Current plumbing license
- In-depth knowledge of maintenance and repairs of plumbing systems
- Understanding of the current regulations within the field
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills on a technical level
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated and able to on an individual basis with effective time management skills
- Keen eye for detail
This job operates in an office and stadium environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers, along with frequent operation of various tools and machinery. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment. This position will work in various weather conditions including, but not limited to, heat, cold, rain and sunny environments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a very active role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision. This role will include the following frequently:
- Heavy lifting, up to 50 lbs.
- Standing/walking for extended periods of time
- Raising and lowering of heavy objects and equipment, with and without assistance
- Carrying and/or transporting heavy objects, usually by hand, arm, or shoulder
- Pushing, pulling, and exerting force to complete task and assignments
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Rare travel maybe expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.