Guest Services Team Lead - Houston Astros (Houston · TX)
Houston Astros jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Ticket Sales and Services: Client Relations/Customer Service
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Stadium Operations – Guest Services
Department: Stadium Operations – Guest Services
Reports to: Senior Director, Guest Services
The Guest Services Team Lead will function as the main point of contact for radio communications in the Security Operations Center (SOC). The Security Operations Team Lead dispatchers provide guidance and important information to other ballpark personnel. They often act as the first point of contact for any calls and are responsible for dispatching information to the appropriate department for resolution.
Dispatchers typically manage a multi-line radio system and must be able to work in potential high-pressure or emergency situations. Additionally, this position will oversee the needs of the fire marshal, assigned to the SOC, and send timely alerts to key building personnel as needed.
Honesty and integrity are critical character traits for every member of the Guest Services team. It is essential that the entire SOC staff maintain strict confidentiality with any and all information and events that are part of the SOC operation.
Due to the unpredictability and urgent nature of the SOC communications, the Team Lead must be able to remain focused on and committed to assigned responsibilities despite potential distractions. Those distractions may include the work and conversations of other SOC team members as well as the ball game, event activities, or lulls in the overall business of the SOC.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Enter all reported incidents into the game log.
- Dispatch service calls to the appropriate personnel for assistance.
- Document the resolution of issues in the game log system.
- Being alert to potential hazards in the ballpark such as foul balls and reporting incidents.
- Providing answers to questions by retrieving information from the necessary departments.
- Using two-way radios or telephones to contact employees or emergency personnel regarding a situation that needs to be addressed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Decision Making.
- Technical Capacity.
This job operates in a command center setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers; additionally, two-way radios and security camera equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit (4-5 hours) without a break; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position requires the ability to remain focused on long shifts (4-5 hours) and react promptly to take appropriate action in a given situation.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Flexible schedule: Availability to work most home games. Working weekends is a MUST. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday games tend to be our busiest!
Required Education and Experience
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with others under any type of condition.
- Excellent clerical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of computers and dispatching duties.
- Ability to multitask with different and sometimes conflicting events happening at the same time.
- Ability to work under stress and remain calm with ability to calm other people during rapidly changing circumstances.
- Must be patient and effective at listening to and resolving the callers’ problems. This position also requires effective problem solving and critical thinking abilities to develop logical solutions to any problems that arise.
- Ability to relay information in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in a hospitality or entertainment environment is preferred.
- Must love working with and helping people.
- Ability to handle large crowds in a fast space environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while handling difficult situations.
- Must be a local Houston resident.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Experience Preferred - 2