Guest Services Representative with Houston Astros in Houston · TX
Houston Astros jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Ticket Sales and Services: Client Relations/Customer Service
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Guest Services
Department: Guest Services
Classification: Part Time (Non-Exempt/Seasonal)
The Astros are looking for friendly faces to add to our part-time Guest Services Team!
As a member of the Guest Services Team, you will be an essential part of the game experience and help build Astros memories that last a lifetime. In this role, you will wear many different hats and have the potential to work in several different areas of the ballpark. Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, ushering, ticket scanning, concourse customer service, and attending to stairs, ramps, escalators, and elevators. As a frontline representative of the Astros, you will have the opportunity to assist our guests by offering directions and sharing information. Your job will be to keep our fans safe while still maintaining a fun and friendly atmosphere! The Houston Astros strive to deliver memorable guest experiences combined with the best entertainment value available.
Primary (Essential) Duties:
- Ensure fans have valid tickets to enter Minute Maid Park
- Ability to steadily and rapidly scan ticket barcodes
- Be friendly and patient to all guests
- Help address problems or concerns that fans may have
- Help the Astros stay “game-ready” by preparing your assigned section for patrons; this could include wiping down seats, looking for potential hazards, reporting any issues to a supervisor
- When gates open, welcome our fans with a smile and helpful attitude
- Scan game tickets insuring that the proper ticket is being used to gain entry
- Assist fans in locating their ticketed seats
- Being alert to potential hazards in the ballpark such as foul balls and reporting incidents
- Monitor your assigned area for issues and opportunities to make lasting memories for our fans
- Stay up to date on the policies and procedures to ensure the safety and security of all that enter Minute Maid Park
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in a hospitality or entertainment environment is preferred.
- You must love working with and helping people.
- Ability to handle large crowds in a fast space environment.
- You must have a passion for baseball and the Houston Astros.
- You must be able to maintain a POSITIVE attitude while handling difficult situations.
- Knowledge and experience with ticketing apps is a plus.
- You must be a local Houston resident.
- Flexible schedule: Availability to work most home games. Working weekends is a MUST. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday games tend to be our busiest!
- Ability to regularly stand, walk, talk, hear, use hands to handle or feel, and climb stairs.
- Position requires ability to stand up 4 to 5 hours without a break.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Experience Preferred 2