Content Producer - Houston Astros (Houston · TX)
Department: Marketing and Communications
Supervisor: Manager, Video Content
The Content Producer will be responsible to produce video content including studio/field/external production, post-production and final delivery. This position must consistently meet deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Consistently deliver premium level shooting and editing for all aspects of video production
- Work with entire content team to develop entertaining content (sponsor and non-sponsor) for digital, in-game and other out-bound applications
- Develop unique video content consistent with department philosophy along with company values, vision and mission
- Shoot and edit variety of player interviews, special events, press conferences and community appearances
- Fulfill video production needs of both internal and external clients
- Attention to detail with firm production deadlines
- Creative collaboration is a must
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Capable of delivering both still and video content as necessary
- Other duties as assigned
- Degree in TV/video production, Cinematography or relevant work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience in a video productions environment as a producer/editor, animator, visual designer or similar role, preferably within sports industry
- Expert in software packages including Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere
- Strong knowledge of lighting techniques.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with other departments and production staff.
- Ability to lead projects from a logistical production standpoint, beyond shooting and editing, tasks including location scouting, production document building, talent coordination, and client relations.
- Extremely organized, flexible and able to work in a fast-paced environment within tight production deadlines.
- Motion design experience preferred
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision. Nature of position requires physical mobility and the ability to lift a minimum of 40 pounds.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Travel may be expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.