Clubhouse Assistant Spring Training - Houston Astros (West Palm Beach · FL)
Houston Astros jobs
Sports Jobs in West Palm Beach · FL
Player Operations: Team Administration/Operations
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Baseball Operations
Department: Baseball Operations
Reports to: Manager, Florida & Minor League Clubhouse Operations
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Houston Astros are currently seeking responsible, hard-working individuals to add to our Part-Time, Spring Training Clubhouse Staff. This position is an hourly role. The schedule and hours vary throughout the year. The ideal candidate will be conscientious, demonstrate initiative and team spirit. We are in search of individuals that are punctual, an above-average teammate and those that will take pride in their work and contributions to the Clubhouse Management team.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintaining a safe and professional atmosphere in a sensitive environment
- To assist in handling of all equipment
- To maintain home clubhouse (vacuum, sweep and mop floors)
- To clean and launder all player uniforms, accessories and towels
- To load and unload equipment for each road trip
- Set-up the home dugout prior to batting practice and break-down the set-up post game
- Keep the dugout clean during the game
Availability from hire date through the end of October. The position will require extended hours and include weekends and holidays. Most duties will revolve around the team workout and game schedule.
This job mainly operates in a clubhouse/sports venue setting; it could be heavily crowded with high activity. The position is subject to varying temperatures and weather extremes. At times the noise could become excessive.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, talk and hear. The employee must be able to maintain focus for extended periods of time. Ability to lift, carry, push, pull, handle and reach items. Ability to lift up to 50lbs. The employee frequently is required to sit for long periods of time; walk long distances; use hands, handle or feel.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
- At least 18 years of age, graduated with high school diploma or GED and/or equivalent number of years of relevant experience.
- Flexibility to work irregular/extended hours, including nights, weekend and holidays as needed.
- Adaptable to changing needs and situations.
- Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
- Exceptional ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in Spanish a plus, but not a prerequisite.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Experience Preferred 2