Business Strategy & Analytics Analyst - Houston Astros (Houston · TX)
Houston Astros jobs
Sports Jobs in Houston · TX
Accounting and Finance: Accounting/Finance other
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Department: Business Strategy & Analytics
Department: Business Strategy & Analytics
Reports to: Vice President, Business Strategy & Analytics
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Houston Astros Business Strategy & Analytics Department’s mission is to drive strategic solutions that create value for the club. This is achieved by deploying a fact-based approach, developing strategic frameworks, facilitating collaboration, and by serving as an advocate for change and innovation. The focus of the team is across business operations, including ticket sales and service, sponsorship, and marketing.
As an Analyst on the Business Strategy & Analytics team, you will collect and synthesize information, conduct analysis, and present insights to support strategic business decisions. This position will work with cross-functional teams to collaborate on solutions and implement new initiatives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extract key observations and insights from internal and external data sources to support decision-making
- Build predictive models from historical data sets to support ticket forecasting, ticket pricing, marketing and advertising decisions, and operational planning
- Organize, build, and analyze fan-focused research surveys
- Support the capture of data through our CRM system and empower customer facing staff to leverage the tools available to them
- Leverage available software and tools to drive improved access to data across the organization
- Identify opportunities to improve our business information and our data strategies
- Provide additional support for on-going Business Strategy & Analytics projects
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Effective presentation of data insights and recommendations to multiple levels of stakeholders
- Proficient with statistical analysis methodologies, including linear and logistic regression
- Experience with relational databases and business intelligence tools
- Possess a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects and reprioritize, as needs arise
- Eager to learn new skills, troubleshoot, and be a problem solver
This position is not currently expected to manage any direct reports.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and A/V equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. with evenings and weekends, as needed.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of relevant work experience required
- Advanced statistical analysis experience in a business setting
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience with business intelligence software tools (e.g. Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau)
- Expertise in R, python, SQL, and/or another language
- Demonstrated passion for baseball
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Experience Preferred 4