Intern, Ballpark Operations with Ballpark of the Palm Beaches in West Palm Beach · FL
Ballpark of the Palm Beaches jobs
Sports Jobs in West Palm Beach · FL
*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
Intern, Ballpark Operations
Intern, Ballpark Operations
Department: Stadium Operations
Supervisor: Stadium Operations Assistant
Classification: Part-time (Non-Exempt)
FITTEAM Ballpark of The Palm Beaches is the Spring Training home to the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals. This is a two-team state-of-the-art facility designed for year-round use through Spring Training games, amateur baseball, non-baseball sporting events, community events along with banquets, corporate events, weddings and more.
As a member of the Stadium Operations team, you will be an essential part of the game experience and help build memories that last lifetimes. In this role, you will assist management with the safe and efficient operation of FITTEAM Ballpark of The Palm Beaches all while creating a fun and friendly atmosphere as we strive to deliver enjoyable guest experiences combined with the best entertainment value available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists management with gameday operations and procedures.
- Assists with scheduling and supervision of gameday operations staff by training to and maintaining ballpark standards, policies and procedures under the direction of management.
- Ensures Ballpark stays “game-ready.”
- Assists with opening and closing procedures.
- Assists in preparing parking lists for all Spring Training games.
- Acts as a contact for designated third-party companies.
- Assists guest relations and promotions departments as necessary.
- Stays up-to-date on safety and security for all that enter the ballpark.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have recently graduated from an accredited college or university.
- Must be willing to work at minimum 30-40 hours/week and longer hours during the month of March.
- Basic knowledge of PC based computer applications, with intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Only local candidates will be considered for this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions:
- Highly motivated and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong, confident communication skills including the ability to write clearly and effectively.
- Ability to use time efficiently.
- Strong customer service skills and be available to work long hours during the season.
- A passion for working with and helping people.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while handling difficult situations.
- Must demonstrate ability to be resourceful and dependable.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team.
This job operates in an office and ballpark stadium setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment. Ability to work in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue in all weather extremes for extended periods of time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a moderate active role, and will including the individual to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and/or climbing up/down stairs or ladders. Individual may also be required to stoop, kneel, and crouch, and to lift/move/carry items up to 50 lbs on occasion.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Rare travel maybe expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature, type and level of work to be performed. The information is not intended to be an exhaustive or complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The individual selected may perform other related duties as assigned or requested. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
Experience Preferred 1