Field Operations Crew Member - Ballpark of the Palm Beaches (West Palm Beach · FL)
The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches is the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals 160-acre Spring Training Complex located in West Palm Beach, Florida. In addition to the Stadium, the facility includes 12 full-size and 2 half-sized baseball fields, grass parking areas, a 12-acre lake, as well as the surrounding landscape areas. We are seeking highly qualified, energetic, professionals that will assist the Director of Field Operations in managing the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Field Operations crew works to prepare and maintain baseball fields, common areas and facility grounds year around for games, practices and special events. Assists with maintaining plants, trees, and shrubs around the facility.
- Assists with dragging base paths, clay repair and tamping of pitching mounds and home plates.
- Learn to mix clay and assists with resurfacing designated ball field areas.
- Hand water infield areas as needed.
- Assists with setting up fields for batting practice.
- Assists with pulling tarps to cover fields in in climate weather.
- Performs general clean-up of grounds and facilities including restrooms, dugouts, concourses, parking lots, lakes, and all open use areas.
- Assists with all baseball and non-baseball events and activities set-up and break down.
- Comply with OSHA safety standards in performing all work assignments.
- Perform manual labor including lifting heavy weight, stooping, bending, digging, and twisting to maintain facility grounds and fields.
- Assists with maintaining turf by mowing, edging, and removing debris.
- Maintains outside landscape of turf, trees, shrubs, walkways, and parking lots.
- Rakes leaves and clean walkways, fields, and other facilities.
- Uses hand tools such as shovels, rakes and hedge and line trimmers.
- Other duties related to facility maintenance as assigned by the Director of Field Operations.
- Field or landscape maintenance experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Hiring is contingent upon the passing of drug screening and background check.
Physical Requirements of the Job
- Ability to lift/move/carry items weighing up to 60 lbs on a regular basis.
- Ability to lift/move items weighing up to 75 lbs on an occasional basis.
- Ability to use/operate typical groundskeeping hand tools, implements, and power equipment on a regular basis for long periods of time.
- Ability to work extended hours, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Paid Sick/Vacation leave
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.