Account Executive, Sales - Ballpark of the Palm Beaches (West Palm Beach · FL)
Department: Ticket Sales & Operations
Supervisor: Director, Ticket Sales & Operations
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Ballpark of the Palm Beaches is the Spring Training home to the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals. This two-team location is a state-of-the-art facility designed for year-round use through Spring Training games, amateur baseball, non-baseball sporting events, community events along with banquets, corporate events, and more.
The primary role for this position is to generate new ticket revenue for the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals through selling group tickets, season tickets, partial ticket plans, corporate partnerships, single game luxury suites and premium inventory. This position will also help sell and secure new events to be hosted at the Ballpark. An experienced sales professional who possesses the ability to establish and grow a client base to its fullest potential; this role will be responsible for new business development through outbound phone calls, referrals, ballpark tours, networking, community events and relationship-building.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sell group tickets, new full season tickets, partial ticket plans, corporate partnerships single game luxury suites, and other premium inventory.
- Generate new event business and conduct sales presentations to businesses, organizations and individuals in West Palm Beach and the surrounding marketplace.
- Coordinate and execute sales calls on potential customers through cold calling, prospecting and referrals from current customers.
- Represent the organization at off-site community events, in-house ballpark events, and local organization meetings & events.
- Maintain computerized records of all ticket customers, sales activity and prospects with CRM system.
- Attain individual and department sales goals as set by Directors and General Manager.
- Visit prospects and customers during home games/events.
- Must be reliable and exhibit commitment to achieving sales goals/objectives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or related field
- Desire to be a sports industry leader
- Ability to make 100-125 outbound calls per workday
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent oral communication, customer service and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment while meeting tight deadlines
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; professionalism is a must
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, which includes home games, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned
- Proficiency in basic computer software programs with MS Office experience
- Consistent and punctual
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Bilingual is a plus
This job operates in an indoor clerical, climate controlled office setting.This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This position may require walking long distances and standing for long periods of time in a stadium environment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position located in West Palm Beach, Florida. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Rare travel may be expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.