Account Executive, Sponsorships - Fayetteville Woodpeckers - Fayetteville Woodpeckers (Fayetteville · NC)
Department: Sales and Marketing
Supervisor: Director, Sales
Classification: Full-time (Exempt)
The Fayetteville Woodpeckers are looking for a motivated sales professional to drive forward our partnership opportunities. This position will be responsible for all aspects of sponsorship development and fulfillment. This position will be located in Fayetteville, NC.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Prospect, sell, activate and maintain corporate sponsorships for the team, venue and special events.
- Design sales proposals, contracts, and presentations for potential corporate partners.
- Work with game day staff to schedule and execute sponsor concourse tables and sponsor plaza displays.
- Design and execute sponsor proof of performance presentations.
- Serve as an asset to VP, Sales and Marketing on day to day partnership proposals, implementation, and maintenance.
- Work with appropriate parties to keep record of all Sponsor Contracts.
- Communicate with and assist Ticket Office in fulfillment of season tickets, group tickets and hospitality areas that are in Sponsorship Contracts.
- Work game nights and other functions as assigned to execute and monitor sponsor promotions and activities.
- Play an essential role in maintaining collateral, articles, photographs, newspaper clippings, press releases, statistics, etc. for use in preparing and presenting inclusive sponsor recaps to key decision makers during the contract renewal process.
- Track prospecting, sales and inventory, and manage sales reports.
- Responsible for the suite guests’ experience, offering a seamless execution of premium and personalized service that is both exceptional and memorable.
- Oversee the service of corporate partnerships through various means including direct contact, newsletters, quarterly reports, partner gatherings, and client entertainment events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors’ degree in relevant field (Sports Management / Marketing / Business Major) preferred
- Superior customer service and event planning experience preferred
- Excellent oral communication, customer service and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong personnel management, collaboration, communication, time management and organizational skills
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in fast-paced environment while meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Proficient to advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office
- High degree of discretion, integrity, professionalism, and accountability
- Professional image and demeanor
- Ability to be flexible and work long hours, evenings, weekends and holidays including all 70 home games plus special events
- Consistent and punctual
- Bilingual is a plus
This job operates in an office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and photocopiers. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is a largely sedentary role. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including; extended hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Rare travel may be expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.