Corpus Christi Hooks Game Day Clubhouse Attendant / Bat Boy - Corpus Christi Hooks (Corpus Christi · TX)
Department: Game Day
Supervisor: Manager, Clubhouse
Classification: Part-Time/Non-Exempt (Seasonal)
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The job of a Club House Attendant is to assist the Club House Manager with the cleanliness and operation of the Home Clubhouse, Visiting Clubhouse, and Umpires Room.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Packing and unpacking bags/busses
- Assist with laundering players and coaches’ uniforms, personal items, and towels
- Set-up and tear-down of pre-game and post-game meals for players and coaches
- Cleaning shoes/cleats
- Set-up, maintain, and clean bathrooms
- Making trash runs as needed
- Set-up and organize dugout prior to game; bringing equipment, batting helmets and other supplies from clubhouse to dugout
- Retrieve bats, balls and other equipment from playing field during games
- Provide umpire with game balls when requested
- Break down dugout, along with putting away all equipment used during game
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/downstairs
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work irregular hours including days, nights, weekends, and holidays during the months of February - October
- Detailed eye for cleanliness, and excellent organization/communication skills
- Initiative and has a hardworking, positive attitude
- Interest and knowledge in baseball
- Professional and mature in handling confidential matters
- Ability to work outdoors in extreme weather conditions
Position will work in a stadium environment. This position will be expected to work extended hours, in all weather conditions, including rain and heat. This position will be on the field and within the stadium for majority of working days. The noise level is usually moderate but can be loud within the stadium environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee will be required to carry and move packages up to 60 lbs., and up to 75 lbs. at times. Ability to use/operate typical grounds keeping hand tools, implements, and power tools on a regular basis, for long periods of time.
Ability to work in a hands-on position in all weather extremes for extended periods of time.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position, and hours of work and days will be scheduled around the Corpus Christi Hooks Schedule. Long hours, including nights/weekends are expected.
Travel is not expected in this role.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.