Corpus Christi Hooks Accounting Associate - Corpus Christi Hooks (Corpus Christi · TX)
Supervisor: Director of Finance
Please note, as a condition of employment, COVID-19 vaccination (at least the initiation of the process) is required prior to start date. Accommodations for medical or religious reasons will be considered.
The Accounting Associate will be responsible for providing support to the accounting/finance department through performing a variety of accounting, bookkeeping, and financial tasks. The selected individual must be professional, possess a strong attention to detail, aptitude for numbers, and able to handle a large amount of confidential information.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting/finance department
- Daily entry of key data of financial transactions into accounting software programs
- Accounts Payable responsibilities including data entry and reconciliation of credit card expenditures
- Accounts Receivable responsibilities including preparation of invoices and facilitating receipt of payments by sending reminders and contacting clients
- Prepare Ticket and Retail store sales revenue entries
- Assist in the reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Accurately maintain and organize accounting documents and records
- General office duties and other specialized projects or assignments as required
- Familiarity with bookkeeping and basic accounting procedures
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- Adept at data entry and word processing
- Strong analytical skills and exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Strong written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous assignments simultaneously
- Ability to maintain discretion concerning confidential records
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Associate’s degree or relevant certification is a plus
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and focused vision.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.