The mission of the Washington Wild Things’ internship program is to educate its participants in all aspects of operating a professional sports organization, by observing and getting real hands-on experience. Interns learn how to work in a professional environment that requires a high energy level, an ability to perform under pressure, and a strong sense of time management. The Washington Wild Things strive to prepare interns to successfully compete for positions in the professional sports industry.
The Washington Wild Things, a professional baseball team in the Frontier League, are seeking an energetic, creative, and hard-working individual for a Merchandising Internship. This individual will be assisting at all home baseball games and events at the ballpark. The Merchandising Internship is a perfect fit for students who want to work in the sports industry and want to garner valuable, hands-on, behind-the-scenes experience in a fast-paced environment.
Reports to: Assistant General Manager, Facility Operations
- Assist in all aspects of merchandise operations for all baseball games and special events at Wild Things Park
- Assist the operations manager in all aspects of day to day operations
- Assist in set up and breakdown of portable selling locations
- Help stock the merchandise store and maintain the inventory available
- Help maintain the online store. Includes item creation, inventory management, and price adjustments
- Complete product inventory and help to maintain the inventory levels
- Assist with the merchandising of the product, in a way that helps to increase sales
- Assume other duties as assigned
- Communicate effectively with guests, all levels of management, and co-workers
- Provide excellent customer service
- Help maintain the cleanliness of the store
- Pursuing a degree in Sports Management, Business Management, Marketing, Fashion Merchandising, or a related field
- Previous experience with retail
- Must be available through the entire baseball season (Mid-May – Mid-Sept)
- Receiving school credit for the internship
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Customer service experience preferred
- Energy to thrive in a fast-paced, sometimes unpredictable, environment
- Ability to assume other responsibilities as required
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate, troubleshoot, and train employees with the Point of Sale system
- Willing and able to work irregular and late hours, including holidays, nights, and weekends
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.