Our Mascot, “Herbie” is a seasonal position that serves to promote the Sussex County Miners at home games as well as in the North New Jersey Area. The mascot performer must be an upbeat, outgoing individual with the ability to interact with all types of people. “Herbie” is a key component of the in-game experience at Skylands Stadium and candidates must be comfortable performing in front of thousands of fans on a nightly basis.
- Maintain the character and personality of “Herbie”, both at home games and at community appearances, which means dressing in Herbie's suit for all appearances.
- Perform as mascot at Skylands Stadium from May to September.
- As Herbie, help create a fun and energetic atmosphere at home games.
- Perform as mascot at community appearances throughout the year, both during the season and in the off-season.
- Plan, develop, and implement mascot skits with Ballpark Entertainment team to perform at home games.
- Develop and maintain the mascot’s costume and props after use and for use.
- Provide a high level of customer service to guests and partners.
Traits of a Great Candidate
- Ability to stand on feet for long periods of time and withstand heat in a costume.
- Great interpersonal skills; along with a positive personality.
- Ability to learn quickly and work well under pressure is essential.
- Reliable, punctual, and courteous.
- Flexible schedule for nights, weekends, and holidays during the baseball season.
- Ability to feel comfortable performing in front of large crowds.
- Reliable transportation to and from the ballpark.
- Knowledge of the game of baseball.
- Ability and desire to be creative, zany, and fun-loving.
- Candidate must be in good physical shape to be able to perform in heat and weather elements (former varsity athlete, cheer & dance, or theater experience ideal)
- Candidate must be comfortable working in a costume for long periods of time
- Ability to work all Sussex County Miners home games. Flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.