HEAD CLUBHOUSE MANAGER
The Sussex County Miners of the Frontier League of Professional Baseball are looking for a highly motivated, upbeat, and hard working individual to fill the position of Clubhouse Manager for the 2022 season. The Head Clubhouse Manager for the Sussex County Miners will be responsible for the running and up keep of both the Home and Visitor’s Clubhouses. This is a seasonal position, running from May 1 through the end of the Sussex County Miners season. Previous Clubhouse experience is preferred, but not mandatory.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Laundering Uniforms
- Purchasing, preparing, and displaying food spreads for players, including pre-game snacks, post batting practice food and post game meals
- Purchasing, preparing, and displaying food for coaches and umpires
- Accountability for the distribution and inventory of all team equipment
- Overseeing and outfitting the bat boy program
- Cleaning, organizing, and maintaining an orderly clubhouse
- Assisting the Trainer, Coaches, Players, and Front Office in daily activities
- Must be willing and able to work long hours, including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to finish tasks in a timely and efficient manner
- Must be able to operate successfully in a fast paced professional sports environment
- Candidates must be able to interact professionally with Front Office Members, Players, and Coaches
- Some light travel with the team may be required on occasion
- Candidates must have housing and transportation available to them at their own expense
Game Day Example
- Arrive at the ballpark before any and all players and coaches.
- Ensure that all laundered needs from the night before are taken care of and finished, including but not limited to: game jerseys, personal loops, towels.
- Provide a selection of snack items and drinks in clubhouse for players, and umpires available.
- Set out 7 dozen baseballs and rubbing mud in umpires locker room to be completed (by them) for the game.
- Make sure the bathrooms, clubhouses, training rooms, and clubhouse offices have all been cleaned the night before and are at top condition.
- Begin any prep work needed for a pregame spread to be provided for players and coaches after batting practice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.