The Director of Food & Beverage is responsible for the effective management and running of venue concessions operations including event planning support, food preparation and production, inventory, cash control, compliance with alcohol service polices, cleaning, safety, guest service, employee/volunteer training and supervision, troubleshooting, closing duties, and any other tasks assigned by the CFO. The Director of Food & Beverage must provide a high level of event oversight, technical proficiency and operational/personnel support to ensure the smooth running of any assigned event.
The Director of Food & Beverage will actively supervise, coach, counsel, direct, train and mentor employees in meeting company quality standards, and will independently initiate and authorize all employment actions such as hiring, termination, suspension, discipline, promotion and transfer. The Director of Food & Beverage will provide oversight and resolution responsibility for employee performance issues. The Director of Food & Beverage will actively and independently manage all aspects of employee relations to ensure a positive, harmonious, compliant and cooperative work environment.
This is a key position for the effective and profitable operation of the business. The employee must maintain excellent attendance and be available to work a variable event-driven schedule which includes evenings and weekends. Open availability, professional presentation, outstanding interpersonal skills, self-direction and strong technical (computer and POS) aptitude required.
- Responsible for recruiting, managing, developing and mentoring a staff of part time concessions employees, including initiating employment actions such as hiring, firing and discipline.
- Ensure proper set-up of all concessions locations prior to the start of each event. Set-up duties may include (but are not limited to): verifying opening inventory, assigning duties to concession workers (employee/volunteer), ensuring sanitation standards are met, verifying that each location is fully operational, ascertaining levels of food production based upon projected guest attendance has been met.
- Provide a high level of oversight and operational expertise resulting in the smooth, efficient and profitable execution of events.
- Manage and run all venue concessions operations before, during and after the event. Duties include staff scheduling, employee check-in, equipment inspection, POS monitoring and troubleshooting, guest complaint resolution, training, food production, clean-up, post-event reconciliation and reporting, and any other duties as assigned by Upper Management
- Willing to cover any open position to assure location is fully operational and company standards pertaining to speed of service and guest satisfaction are met; assist with Premium Services operations and event needs, as directed by Upper Management
- Provide direction and oversight to concession managers and cooks. Ensure that all venue policies, procedures and practices are adhered to, including compliance with alcohol service and food handling / sanitation guidelines, general safety policies and procedures. Report any alcohol service or other compliance issues to Upper Management immediately.
- Complete post-event evaluations, data compilation, tracking of monetary and product shortages, generating reports; serves as a resource for POS applications, training, and hardware problems.
- Ensure work environment is safe and free from harassment or discrimination; immediately address all safety concerns, potential hazards, accidents or incidents. Relays safety/health issues to management immediately.
- Ensure event staff and volunteers are aware of work place expectations; provide on-going assistance, training and mentoring to event staff and volunteers; promote a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative workplace environment by working side-by-side with staff and volunteers; reinforce procedures and practices through repetition; lead by example and provide on-going constructive feedback.
- Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or greater in Culinary Management, Business Management, or related field; along with two or more years’ experience in Concessions Management, other Food & Beverage Management, or related experience.
- Ability to communicate with employees, co-workers, volunteers, management staff and guests in a clear, professional and courteous manner which fosters a positive, enthusiastic and cooperative work environment.
- Ability to make sound business/operations decisions (i.e. regarding employee placement, staffing adjustments, and/or respond to technical, product or equipment challenges during an event) quickly and under pressure.
- Solid working knowledge of computer applications: Microsoft office, POS systems (venue currently uses GiveX), timekeeping system.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
- Possess a thorough working knowledge of all existing concessions locations: geographical location, equipment, evacuation procedures, adjacent employee and guest areas, and facility access.
- Possess valid Food Handlers certificate and Alcohol Service Permit as required by state or local government.
- Possess thorough working knowledge of all applicable sanitation requirements, food preparation guidelines, alcohol service policies, safety standards, etc.
- Ability to calculate basic math functions (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages) as they relate to POS cash/credit transactions, cash reconciliation and product inventory.
- Ability to handle cash accurately and responsibly.
- Ability to consistently adhere to the highest standards of integrity, professionalism, ethics and confidentiality.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.