Promotions/Special Events Intern
Traverse City Beach Bums
Traverse City, MI
PROMOTIONS Internship -- Start Date: April, 2018 END Date: September 2nd or later
The Traverse City Beach Bums are looking for a dynamic, high-energy personality for the position of Promotions/Special Events intern for the upcoming 2018 baseball season.
(2) Positions Currently Open
- Must be available to work the balance of the Beach Bums home games plus special events
- Undergraduate or Graduate student in good academic standing
- Excellent communication skills; ability to act quickly under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Superior organizational habits and ability to manage multiple projects
- Customer service experience a plus
- Successful applicants should have a genuine interest in the business of venue concessions, be highly motivated and hard working
JOB DESCRIPTION:This internship will primarily expose students to game day promotions, special events, sales and customer service, but will cover all facets of a professional baseball team’s front office.
- Work directly for Promotions/Special Events Director
- Assist with planning, marketing, and execution of the Beach Bums new event schedule including but not limited to festivals, markets, amateur sports, concerts, and more
- Assist with planning, ordering, and execution the promotions for all 48 Beach Bums home games
- Create and sell marketing campaigns to help promote local businesses
- Contribute to the Beach Bums website, actively participate in the team’s social media efforts
- Produce game day script and map out between-inning promotions
- Coordinate and supervise all on-field contests and promotions
- Organize pre-game events including but not limited to: Field of Dreams, first pitch, award ceremonies and special guests
- Assist with field preparation and general stadium maintenance and upkeep
- Organize and attend outside promotional events and assist with grassroots marketing efforts as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the General Manager
- Non-game days 9:30 am to 6:00 pm Monday through Friday, Saturday 9:30 am to 2 pm
- Game days 9:30 am until the game is over (generaly 11 pm or later)
Intern Salary: $600/month stipend
How did you hear about this job?
Yes/No: Do you have housing in the Traverse City area?
Will you be using the internship to earn college credit?
Are you available to work for the entire season?