Broadcasting & Media Relations Intern with Sussex County Miners in Augusta · NJ
Sussex County Miners jobs
Sports Jobs in Augusta · NJ
The Sussex County Miners are seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Broadcasting & Media Relations Intern. The Broadcast & Media Relations Intern will work closely with the Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations to help produce the team’s internet broadcast.
- Provide color commentary for all home games, with the possibility of some play-by-play for qualified candidates
- Assist with the writing of game recaps, features, and press releases
- Update team website and create radio spots
- Conduct interviews with players and coaches
- Prepare daily games notes and assist in the production of team publications
- Work closely with ticket office personnel to manage press box pass list
- Other related duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Broadcast Journalism, Journalism, Communication, and Sports Management majors preferred, but candidates with other concentrations will be considered
- Must possess play-by-ply and/or color commentary experience, preferably in baseball
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must work successfully in a team environment
- Knowledge of audio/video editing, graphic design, and/or photography is a plus.
- Must be available to work all Miners home games, including nights and weekends
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?