Southern Illinois Miners
Ticket Sales and Services: Ticket Sales
We are currently seeking an Account Executive who is highly motivated sports, sales professional with excellent interpersonal skills to sell Southern Illinois Miners season tickets, partial plans, flex tickets & group outing inventory.
The successful candidate must have demonstrated 1 to 2 years of successful sales experience, preferably in professional sports, college, league or media sales.
Responsibilities include maintaining and developing new business through prospecting, cold calling, face to face meetings, the use of co-op and vendor development.
Sales experience & knowledge of Southern Illinois area is a plus.
Candidates should be aware of the time commitment and unique hours that are required to be successful as you will need to be at all Miners home games as well as many external events though out the year.
- Make a minimum of 50 outbound sales calls daily from provided lists to individual buyers, businesses, churches, schools, and past buyers
- Minimum 1-year Sales experience.
- Provide superior customer service to clients, existing ticket holders, prospects and inbound calls
- Previous ticket sales experience strongly preferred
- Strong work ethic
- Eagerness to learn and develop
- Proven ability to work as a team member
- Strong communications skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills
- Supports the sales departments as needed
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Excel, etc.)
- College Degree preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Why do you want to work in sales?
Why do you want to work in sports?