Marketing and Promotions Intern (Summer 2019) with River City Rascals Professional Baseball in O'Fallon, MO
River City Rascals Professional Baseball jobs
Sports Jobs in O'Fallon, MO
The River City Rascals Professional Baseball Team, a member of the Frontier League, is currently in search of Marketing & Promotions Interns for the Summer 2019 Semester. This position will run from May through the end of the Rascals season, and will be an integral part of planning and executing the communications and promotions for the Rascals 2019 season. This position will give the candidate an opportunity to gain valuable experience in professional sports and to garner more responsibility than the normal summer internship.
· Plan and execute in-game promotions and fan interaction
· Assist in the development and marketing of promotional theme nights for the 2019 season
· Oversee community outreach programs
· Assist in maintaining the Rascals social media presence throughout the season and continue to grow the database
· Participate in scheduling/coordinating and attending the team’s mascot appearances and events.
· Field incoming phone calls, make outbound phone calls & answer everyday questions
· Help with other aspects of the Rascals overall season and execution as needed
· Must be comfortable in front of large crowds and personable
· Self-motivated, organized, and detail oriented
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to meet deadlines and balance multiple tasks
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. (Photoshop and InDesign skills a major plus)
· Knowledge of social media sites and associated applications
· Must be willing and able to lift items up to 50 lbs. for set up and take down of games and events
· Flexibility to work long days, evenings, weekends, and holidays
This is an unpaid internship position with the ability to earn school credit. Hours would be 25/week.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and a cover letter along with an email address.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
How did you hear about this job?
Do you have local housing available?
Are you willing to work 25+ hours per week including all Rascals game nights?
Will you be receiving college credit?