*In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen. *
The Grounds Coordinator will support the entire grounds department year round with the planning and execution of all events that take place on the field at Fenway Park including baseball games, concerts, Fenway Bowl and many other non-baseball events.
This role is based outdoors with the majority of work hours spent on the field. Some minimal administrative tasks could include product inventory, license applications, and staff scheduling. Also included are leadership responsibilities with the part-time grounds staff.
The Grounds Coordinator will be involved in day to day field maintenance, game management, event planning and execution, fertilizer and pesticide applications and field renovations. The work schedule will fluctuate throughout the year to include many nights and weekends based on the department needs and event schedule.
- Operate vehicles and powered equipment such as mowers, tractors, twin-axle vehicles, snow blowers, sod cutters and forklifts.
- Mix and spray or spread fertilizers, herbicides and insecticides onto grass by hand or with automatic sprayers and spreaders.
- Knowledge of irrigation systems including programming and monitoring of the system and identifying problems with the system’s functioning.
- Determine and assist with the supervision of the daily field needs including seeding, sodding, fertilizing, watering, mowing and general maintenance.
- Monitor, report and resolve turf issues such as areas of stress, disease, irrigation and pest management issues.
- Assist in recruiting, training and leading of seasonal part-time employees as well intern candidates.
- Execute day to day maintenance program for entire playing surface including turf, infield clay, pitching mound, home plate area, warning track and bullpens.
- Assist with pre-event, event day and post-event activities surrounding MLB games, concerts, large scale Special Events, corporate partnerships, Red Sox Foundation and additional non-baseball field related events.
- Maintain accurate inventory accounting of department equipment, materials and uniforms.
- Schedule daily task lists for part-time staff and supervise execution of these tasks.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Turfgrass Management or actively engaged in pursuit of a degree
- MA pesticide license or commitment to obtain one within 3 months of hire.
- 3-4 years of experience with an MLB organization in a part-time or full-time capacity.
- Ability to lead in stressful situations and challenging weather environment
- Must be able to work a rotating flexible schedule to include many nights, weekends and holiday throughout the year.
- Successful candidate must be able to regularly stand for long periods of time, walk and run long distances, stoop, kneel, crouch and/or sit for extended periods of time and be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- ·Will be subject to significant changes in weather conditions including extreme heat and cold, sun, rain, and snow and ice.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.