SOMERSET PATRIOTS BASEBALL CLUB
Account Executive / Merchandise Manager
The Somerset Patriots (New York Yankees Double-A Affiliate) are seeking an Account Executive / Merchandise Manager to generate revenue through selling ticket packages and corporate sponsorships, as well as assist in the daily operation of the Somerset Patriots Team Store and Merchandise Department.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- On going solicitation of corporations and organizations to sell ticket packages marketing partnerships.
- Manage assigned business accounts to maximize potential revenue
- Service, maintain, and renew accounts from year to year
- Develop new and creative ways to market the Patriots
- Work and perform assigned event night duties
- Be available to work non-Patriots events at the ballpark as assigned
- Ability to work long hours during the baseball season, and alternative hours such as weekend hours during the off-season.
- Ability to move and lift heavy apparel boxes.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment for a long period of time.
- Knowledge of Photoshop a plus, for production image creation.
- Knowledge of the Shopify E-commerce platform a plus.
- Successful candidates will display attention to detail for retail displays and customer packages.
- Successful candidates will have an inherent positive attitude and demeanor.
- Candidates MUST live within commuting distance.
Assist in the daily operation and management of the Patriots Team Store.
- Maintain store inventory.
- Operate the front-end retail point of sale register.
- Become familiar with the Shopify POS In-Store and Online Retail System, and assist with purchasing, receiving, & reporting.
- Help manage product inventory and storage.
- Oversee and manage game day staff of store employees.
- Make recommendations for promotional strategies centered around theme nights, games, and upcoming holidays.
- Assist in any offsite or non-gameday events that require merchandise and point of sale needs such as the ballpark rentals, and off-day store openings.
- Assist with operating various online auctions via the online MiLB auction platform.
- Help coordinate and manage game day gate giveaway items.
- Assist in keeping the Team Store clean, organized, & fully stocked.
Online Team Store
- Assist with online Team Store fulfillment, customer follow-up, and online inventory management.
- Become familiar with the Shopify online store tools and assist with sales, receiving, & reporting.
- Suggest and implement daily Team Store social media pushes.
- Suggest weekly online Team Store Campaigns.
- Assist with the growth and scaling of the online team store total revenue.
Promotional Gate Giveaways
- Help be a liaison to current and new suppliers and distributors.
- Assist in receiving game day gate giveaways.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 1 year of outside sales experience (business to business sales, preferably in professional or collegiate sports)
- One full season of experience working in professional sports is highly preferred
- Experience in a retail setting is highly preferred.
- Ability to solicit new business on an on going basis through cold calling and face to face appointments
- Ability to create professional sales proposals
- Ability to execute presentations on a sales call
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong leadership, organizational and computer skills
- A flexible work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Knowledge of and experience with promotional sales, corporate sponsorship, advertising & special events
Salary is commensurate with experience and includes a base salary plus commissions. 401 K Plan and Health Benefits are also available.
Please be sure to attach Resumes and Cover Letters when Applying.
No Phone Calls Please