Join one of the most dynamic brands in baseball and launch your career in the sports entertainment industry! The Richmond Flying Squirrels Stadium Operations Intern will have the opportunity to learn all aspects of the organization’s daily operations while gaining hands-on experience in all areas of stadium operations and maintenance in addition to ensuring the playing surface is maintained to full functioning capability. The ideal candidate must possess a strong work ethic with an interest in facilities management, business management and/or event management. Individuals who have successfully completed the Flying Squirrels internship program have graduated to full-time positions in all professional sports leagues including MiLB, MLB, MLS, NFL, NBA and NASCAR as well as college athletics.
FUNN ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Manage and work alongside employees in the following departments: security, parking, maintenance and stadium cleanliness
- Maintain supplies, including completing orders, meeting with clients, trading out for materials around stadium and sales
- Repair and improve all areas of the stadium and grounds as needed
- Take care of grounds and operations facilities including, but not limited to, grounds shop, hitting tunnel, maintenance yard, etc.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Stadium Operations and Director of Field Operations
- Must work well as part of a team with a willingness to be a contributing member to the department
- Must be available full-time, in-person, from January 16, 2024-October 31, 2024
- Willingness to work long hours including nights, weekends and holidays in addition to all 69 Flying Squirrels home games plus non-game day and special events such as 5Ks, corporate batting practice, baseball tournaments, Movies in the Outfield, etc.
- Willingness to learn about a full suite of skills including, but not limited to, security deployments, cleaning best practices, operation of heavy machinery and general facilities maintenance
- Willingness to learn skills including, but not limited to, clay work, mowing, batting practice setup and teardown, pregame field prep, postgame field prep, as well as any in game field maintenance
- Previous facility experiences preferred but not required
- Previous experience with physical labor preferred but not required
- Most importantly, candidate should be hard working, driven, organized and looking to have FUNN!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.