Compensation: $1,200 per month
The Flying Squirrels are currently seeking a Suites Coordinator Intern. Intern will assist Suites Catering and Group Sales Departments in reaching their goals for the 2018 season. Through this internship, the intern will experience the behind-the-scenes aspects of a Minor League Baseball Front Office as well as gain first-hand experience in how a minor league team’s catering operation runs. The intern will work very closely with prominent businesses in the Richmond Metropolitan area. It is important for each customer to walk away with a positive experience. Whether, it is a small business utilizing the suite or the Governor of Virginia, the Suites Coordinator is there to make their experience convenient, entertaining, and enjoyable. Another key aspect of the position is generating Group Sales by prospecting and making daily sales calls to local businesses and organizations.
Please Note: ALL Flying Squirrels interns are required to participate in a pre-season telephone sales program.
- Assist in managing 15 Luxury Suites, and 3 Party Decks for all 70 Squirrels home games.
- Help coordinate catering requests, answer questions and help assist clients in our hospitality areas while they entertain their clients and employees.
- Will put pre-orders together from orders received online and over the phone. Important that details of each Suite/Party Deck are accurate and contacted when order is received.
- Responsible for helping to oversee that each Suite/Party Deck is set up and clean before gates open each night.
- Will take care of drink requests for Suites and Party Decks and will stock fridges. (Need to be able to lift up to 25 pounds).
- Will work directly with the Executive Chef and Catering Intern on coordinating clients’ food requests during season.
- Maintain strong client relationships and ensure that event specifications are communicated and executed for a successful experience for the suite holders and attendees.
- Customer relationship management; build and maintain working relationships with internal and external partners, and leverage these relationships to deliver innovative and memorable events.
- Help supervise Suite Attendants and serve as a liaison between catering kitchen staff and Suite Attendants.
- Assist with set-up and execution of hospitality for non-game day events at The Diamond.
- The Suites Coordinator will also assist the Group Sales department by making daily cold calls to generate revenue. They will be responsible for selling Suites, Party Decks and other hospitality areas.
Work Experience Preferences:
- Quality candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills with an outgoing and service-focused personality as well as a strong level of intensity and commitment to providing a high level of customer service.
- College Senior or Recent Graduate
- Previous Sales Experience
- Ability to work long hours and weekends, 40-100 hours/week depending on game schedule
- Must be able to commit full-time from January until September
- Valid Driver’s License and transportation