The Portland Sea Dogs, Double-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox, are looking to hire 15-20 Associate Interns for the 2018 season.
The Associate Game Day Internship program is for highly motivated college students that have an interest in the business of sport management. The program is designed to give you your first experience in the sports industry with an emphasis on game day operations, ticket sales, and customer service. This position is open to any college student. This is a part-time seasonal internship program that would result in 10-30 hours per week.
Start Date: April 2, 2018 (Some availability for students who are in school and cannot start until May)
End Date: Early to Mid September
Compensation: $10.68/ hour
Hours: 10-30 hours a week depending on game schedule
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Must currently be a college student (under classmen, upper classmen, and graduate students are all eligible)
- Must be available for at least 75% of the Sea Dogs home games
- A desire to pursue a career in the sport management field
- Strong customer service skills
- A fun and outgoing personality with a strong work ethic
- Preference is given to students who are able to start in April
- Attend staff orientation session
- Assist with game set-up and general office work
- Serve as a Hadlock Field usher during games
- Assist with post-game duties (fireworks pick-up, tarp, handing out schedules, etc.)
- Work as a ticket sales representative assisting with incoming, outgoing, and walk-up ticket sales
- Coordinate fan photo duties
- Distribute pocket schedules to the community
- Serve as a Hadlock Field Ambassador
- Serve as a member of our promo team
- Some non-game day work available in the ticket office
- Opportunity to meet individually with front office staff members
- Other duties as assigned
- 10-30 hours a week.
- Approximately five hours a game (arriving 2 hours prior to the scheduled start of the game), plus some scheduled ticket office hours when the team is on the road.
APPLICATION: A resume, cover letter, and three references are required.
DEADLINE: Applications are reviewed and positons filled on a rolling basis, therefore it is beneficial to submit your applications as soon as possible. No applications will be accepted after December 22, 2017.